Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Florida-bound!

Good morning all!

I've got a few free minutes so I figured I'd use this time to update my blog. :)

It's Hump Day, most of the time people love Wednesday's for that very reason. Not me!  Wednesday's are one of the slower days at work and slow = long around here. Luckily I still have a bunch of little things to set up so that my customers at work get taken care of in my absence next week. That's right, the Mister & I are going on our anniversary vacation starting very early Saturday morning!  We are so excited to get away for a while.  Our 2yr anniversary is Tuesday so we are going to lounge around by the pool and probably go out for lunch and dinner.  Just a lot of much needed and deserved quality time together. :)

Luckily, I work with one of my best friends. Rachael sits 2 feet away from me at work. I'm happy to leave my weekly customers in her capable hands.  I've also been showing her how to pull the Friday 'end of week' numbers so she can do that for me as well.

Getting back to our Florida trip... I have a sneaking suspicion that we are over packing.  When we went to Cape Cod in June I had no access to a washer/dryer so I packed quite a bit of clothing, never knowing if I'll need extra.  At the Florida house, we do have a washer/dryer and yet I find myself putting more and more clothing in my bags!!  We have 2 big suitcases and 2 smaller carry on bags.  I'm packing all extra shoes and a few beach towels in one of the small carry on's, but still... 4 bags of stuff when we have a washer/dryer in the house is CRAZY.. oh well .. ya never know what the weather will be like anywhere ya go nowdays, and its currently Hurricane season, so if extra clothes means we're comfy, so be it!  The cats know something is UP!  They are investigating and playing on and in our luggage while I am trying to pack.  The older 3 know what the luggage means, but I don't think Heartly really understands yet. We've only been away once since we got her last September.  She is the most needy out of the 4 of our furbabies, and I hope she wont be too lonely. At least she has her siblings to keep her company.



A quick update on Boogie:  He's still doing well.  Playing, eating, running around after his 3 sisters.  While cleaning I found the laser pointer and he seems to like hunting it down.  Oh, and we found out that Heartly 'chips'!  I have never had a cat do that (in my presence any way). It's quite funny! :)



I guess that's all for now.  Probably no updates until we get back in which case you should also check out our food blog because we plan to eat at a few new places while in Florida and will likely update upon our return!   (Ellis Family Food Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment